Monday, February 6, 2012

Art, art, and More art!

I've really been into this coloring contest lately so I did this some time ago. I have to say, it's not all that bad. I'm glad my mom likes it because it was for her birthday. :)
http://holyworlds.org/artwork/gallery/art.php?id=4f2ddd8b47563&c=6&s=

I also do some digital too, but not good enough that I would post it. I really don't think I want to at this moment. I saw a really good tutorial for making a 3D planet scene on YouTube yesterday! I'm still playing around with it... I'm not sure if I'm going to post the end result or not. :P Here's the link anyhow. You'll need Photoshop in order to do it, but it comes out looking so cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHNOPzpjq4&feature=related

Story Update: The plot has been altered dramatically. I am considering having the main character loose her memories and the story begin in the midst of a ton of action. So... I'm excited and really nervous if this is going to work out. Still excited though!! My favorite recently developed character is Ritz. She's a bounty hunter who not only looks cool, but has a whip as a weapon. C'mon, how could a protagonist have a whip and NOT be cool??? She's a skatros, a very large hawk creature, as big as you and me with a very LARGE wingspan. Here's a link to a digital piece I did of her. Oh look... I'm actually sharing my digital art. How unexpected. http://holyworlds.org/artwork/gallery/art.php?id=4f2ef6267c733
Feel free to check out the related art if you wish!

So that's today's post. Not much for me to rant about. Well... This weekend was interesting. I went to a missionary conference last Saturday and it was quite interesting. The food was good too. This one person went to (oh what was it... tripping on the name. It started with a 'b' and was heart shaped... oh well). I will say, what people do out there is pretty fascinating. I wish I had more details but to be honest I was a bit restless and didn't absorb too much. :(
I saw some old friends there so that was good!

You know... I did learn something at church the day after though. There was this hymn we were singing... And it really pointed out to me something that had been getting at me without even noticing it. Pride. All these thoughts of books and being good at art has really gotten to me lately the more I think about it. If there is one thing I don't want is to be an overstuffed peacock strutting everywhere. I already know how annoying it is to be around someone like that. So that's my word of wisdom today.

Enjoy the warming weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment